Registration Welcome to KY Twisted, to join our forums please click (Create Account) or the little facebook icon in the upper right hand corner of this site. After you have registered please feel free to post up a introduction and get to know our community.
Hope to see your return and we look forward to riding with you!
Also don't forget to book mark us!
KY Twisted

Photo

Hollie Payton owns a shop in Frankfort

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Chip Mullins

Chip Mullins

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:08 AM

I brought my motorcycle to this guy September 26th and it is now November 2nd and he has not finished my motorcycle. Over 5 weeks and he has not finished installing speed lock on the throttle, engine guard, and auxiliary headlights on my 2014 Stratoliner Deluxe. He has given me several new deadlines all with different reasons and has not meet any of them. He has not finished the motorcycle and now I have to haul the bike away on a trailor.

22a913daaafd7d017a73a125c24f0da8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

#2 Chip Mullins

Chip Mullins

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:58 AM

So now it will be next week before I can get the bike into Lexington Motor sports and another two week to get the motorcycle fixed. I missed the best 10 weeks of the season. The fustration maybe the end of my motorcycle riding. The cost is rediculous for the restrictions of weather and life events.

Using Tapatalk

#3 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

And then I was like "brrraappp, brrraapp!"

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Aprilia RSV1000R

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:23 PM

So now it will be next week before I can get the bike into Lexington Motor sports and another two week to get the motorcycle fixed. I missed the best 10 weeks of the season. The fustration maybe the end of my motorcycle riding. The cost is rediculous for the restrictions of weather and life events.

Oh my, really? Your going to be so upset about work you should have done yourself in the first place, that your going to quit riding? Cry baby?
Well, bye.
Cherohala Skyway

#4 kyzrex

kyzrex

Moses on Two Wheels "Lead and we shall follow"

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2007 FZ6.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

Summertime is the busiest time of the year for any shop, and not the best time of year to get accessories installed. Still, it is not normal for such work to take anywhere near the time it either sat in the shop or the time you have been quoted to get the work done. Kind of curious what the quote for number of actual work hours for the 3 jobs is? Can't imagine any of those jobs being very time extensive, especially for a shop with experienced techs and the right kind of tools, but then again I'm not very familiar with that bike. Perhaps they are more complicated jobs than I would have thought.

Hate to see someone give up riding because of something like this. Sure it sucks, but keep in mind that you don't need all the bells and whistles and the newest and fanciest bike to ride, or to enjoy the ride.

"Not all that wander are lost"

#5 Chip Mullins

Chip Mullins

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:40 PM

Well I will have all winter to simmer and figure out what to do. I had these extra parts to install since I bought the bike two years ago. I figured this was a good time since I wouldn't be able to ride for a few weeks while out backpacking. I called two shops one said it was a busy time of year but three weeks for my specific work. The dealer in Lexington will get it in done in two weeks once they start next week. I was very mad when I posted this earlier. Maybe I should have cooled off first. I love riding in the fall best on my touring motorcycle because the safety gear is more comfortable in the 60's and 70's. I am okay with 50's but I am a hot box and I am sure not everyone feels the same. I guess my fustration is life keeps me busy with two jobs, living life, and family. So when there are nice days and I am off I do all I can to take advantage of the moment. Maybe I should just learn to ride in the rain and lose weight so I don't sweet as much with the summer jacket when it is in the 90's or hotter. I just wonder how many people would be mad looking in a shop at their bike in pieces and no way to get to it and not sure what has been gone to your pride and joy. I don't like to be lied too and I don't like the helpless feeling. As far as me being able to do the job. I paid a mechanic that seems to struggle with the job and may have even given up because of how hard the job is. Even the Honda dealership in Richmond said they would not touch the electrical part of the job.

Using Tapatalk

#6 Chip Mullins

Chip Mullins

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

I appreciate the positive the interest and feedback.

Using Tapatalk

#7 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

And then I was like "brrraappp, brrraapp!"

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Aprilia RSV1000R

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

Well I will have all winter to simmer and figure out what to do. I had these extra parts to install since I bought the bike two years ago. I figured this was a good time since I wouldn't be able to ride for a few weeks while out backpacking. I called two shops one said it was a busy time of year but three weeks for my specific work. The dealer in Lexington will get it in done in two weeks once they start next week. I was very mad when I posted this earlier. Maybe I should have cooled off first. I love riding in the fall best on my touring motorcycle because the safety gear is more comfortable in the 60's and 70's. I am okay with 50's but I am a hot box and I am sure not everyone feels the same. I guess my fustration is life keeps me busy with two jobs, living life, and family. So when there are nice days and I am off I do all I can to take advantage of the moment. Maybe I should just learn to ride in the rain and lose weight so I don't sweet as much with the summer jacket when it is in the 90's or hotter. I just wonder how many people would be mad looking in a shop at their bike in pieces and no way to get to it and not sure what has been gone to your pride and joy. I don't like to be lied too and I don't like the helpless feeling. As far as me being able to do the job. I paid a mechanic that seems to struggle with the job and may have even given up because of how hard the job is. Even the Honda dealership in Richmond said they would not touch the electrical part of the job.

Honda dealer....... Yamaha bike....... Hole in the wall shop with no signage.......

The extra lights are the only electrical add on?

Posting in the heat of the moment is never a good idea.

As for summer riding........ Anytime I get on a full faired bike ( recently demo Victory motorcycles) I'm convinced that the only time I'd be able to enjoy one would be the dead of winter.

We can all appreciate an honest review, good or bad, of one's shop experience.
Cherohala Skyway

#8 kyzrex

kyzrex

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

I feel your pain.....been there before, a couple of times. Gotta agree that this is just about the best time of the year to ride, 50-70 degrees is my sweet spot too. And I'm lucky enough to have more time now then I ever had before, but I certainly remember the years of working long hours, multiple days a week, and then having family time too. There were many years were I probably only got 4-5 days each year to get a ride in, other than riding to-from work sometimes. Hope they get everything sorted out for you, and quickly. Best of luck!

#9 Chip Mullins

Chip Mullins

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:05 PM

Thanks I appreciate it!

Using Tapatalk

#10 PhilH

PhilH

They call me Phil the Thrill

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Tiana (2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight)

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:34 AM

My suggestion is unless if it is recall or warranty issue, don't go to a dealership for modification work. Dealership like LMS gets their money primarily from selling stuffs. Mod work is only a by-product for them.

There are some independent shops around Lexington that I can speak highly of. Dave Cyclewerks is the "successor" of the once very famous Mike Wells. Dave Macintosh is a genius, knows his stuffs, a little eccentric but great guy. The only problem is he works alone so turnaround time can be quite long. Travis Teachey of Paradise Cycle is great too. He's young but is gaining reputation like weeds in spring. Paradise Cycle does everything even towing service, so if your bike is stranded at home, Paradise Cycle will trailer it for you. Turnaround time is great, a few times it was quicker than what he anticipated. Some people like H&H Racing but I haven't gone to this place so I can't say anything. Reviews for them are good.

Best of luck.

strat_rookie_by_roguebaron-dapvhtr.jpg

#11 Chip Mullins

Chip Mullins

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:33 AM

Thanks Phil. I just called Travis at Paradise and he said he could finish it in a week. He can't trailer it for me but after what I have been threw here is praying this is the connection I needed.

Using Tapatalk

#12 AdamKY

AdamKY

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):S1000RR

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:54 AM

I too can recommend Paradise Cycles. Been doing business with Travis for 5 - 6 years. When he's going to be backed-up he'll tell you straight up & suggest when he can get your job done.

Paradise Cycles: fair pricing, quality workmanship & trustworthy.

-Walt

“Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death....” – Hunter S. Thompson

#13 Chip Mullins

Chip Mullins

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

I dropped the motorcycle off with Travis and he knows Hollie Payton. Travis didn't want to talk bad about anyone so he just said he only worked for Travis for three weeks. When I went to pick the motorcycle up yesturday the bike was outside and the parts were in boxes. He wouldn't face me or explain his action. He texted me saying I should finish the job myself. How do you put something together you didn't take apart. The job was more than he could handle what makes him think I could do it? Travis seems like a trustworthy and good mechanic. He said I will get my bike back in a week (if all the parts are there). Lesson learned. Craigslist will never be used again for services. I should have known better. I am a BBB referral type person. I just pray that next week there will still be good weather. I feel one with the motorcycle gods again! Kidding. God Bless!!!

Using Tapatalk

#14 Chip Mullins

Chip Mullins

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:27 AM

Thankyou everyone! I feel so much better. I have been through a lot of shit the last few weeks and my stress was through the roof. I am breathing much better now.

Using Tapatalk

#15 bbrown

bbrown

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Kawasaki Z800

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:38 PM

Glad you are getting the bike sorted out, it is supposed to be a stress reliever. At least that's my theory.

#16 Chip Mullins

Chip Mullins

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

The motorcycle before and after.

f47c6dcb20c7b54ab48d2f159b87e537.jpg

76c97f135ab5a5d57037d7d09485f976.jpg

Using Tapatalk

#17 Chip Mullins

Chip Mullins

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:44 PM

Travis had to do a lot of extra things to repair what Hollie messed up. Parts were missing. Oil was low and not properly filled from the oil change, and the brakes locked up while driving home because the engine guard was not properly reinstalled.

Using Tapatalk

#18 PhilH

PhilH

They call me Phil the Thrill

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Tiana (2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight)

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:39 AM

Good to know another motorcyclist gets back on the road :35: 

strat_rookie_by_roguebaron-dapvhtr.jpg

#19 kyzrex

kyzrex

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

I'm happy you got this done before the snow starts falling. Hoping to still have one last ride to eat this year, IF we can get a warm Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving. Hope to see the bike then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search Engine Key Words: Motorcycles, Kentucky Riders, Kentucky Motorcycle Forum, Forum, Bikes, Rides, Twisties, Thursday Night Ride, Weekly, Stunt, Stunting, Wheelies, Rides, Kentucky Motorcycle, Ky twisted, Kentucky twisted, gsxr 600, gsxr 750, gsxr 1000, cbr 600rr, cbr 1000rr, R6, R1, ninja 250, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Kentucky Sportbikes, Kentucky Cruisers, Twistie Curve Roads In Kentucky, Kentucky Bike Routes, Kentucky Motorcycle Riders, Lexington KY Riders, Lexington Kentucky Motorcycle Riders