Registration Welcome to KY Twisted, to join our forums please click (Create Account) or the little facebook icon in the upper right hand corner of this site. After you have registered please feel free to post up a introduction and get to know our community.
Hope to see your return and we look forward to riding with you!
Also don't forget to book mark us!
KY Twisted

Photo
- - - - -

Who is looking for Aprilia Futura???

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 PhilH

PhilH

They call me Phil the Thrill

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Tiana (2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight)

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:37 PM

I remember a while ago somebody is looking for Aprilia Futura.  One is on sale in Lexington, so whoever it is grab it while it's available (if the price is alright)

### 2001 Aprilia RST Futura ### - $4500 (Central Kentucky Motorsports) 

00J0J_eNPy0fzVo25_600x450.jpg

00J0J_eNPy0fzVo25_50x50c.jpg00i0i_108U54NogZu_50x50c.jpg00P0P_6MUwiBPrGPQ_50x50c.jpg

Year: 2001

Make: Aprilia

Model: RST Futura 

Color: blue

Condition: Good

CKM SALE price: $3900

Beautiful Bike!! Come in and check it out! 

Central Ky Motorsports
1050 East New Circle Rd.
Lexington, Ky 40505

strat_rookie_by_roguebaron-dapvhtr.jpg

#2 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

And then I was like "brrraappp, brrraapp!"

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Aprilia RSV1000R

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:55 PM

Awesome bike. Price seems fair but people just don't seem to be buying these up
Cherohala Skyway

#3 NoGear

NoGear

The Master of Logical Thinking

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300, Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:16 PM

Doesn't have the mileage. I would love to get this but don't have the funds right now. Buying a hot-tub instead. 

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#4 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:43 PM

Doesn't have the mileage. I would love to get this but don't have the funds right now. Buying a hot-tub instead.

How many bikes are enough? Just one more. ;)

Seriously though, knowing you have a Falco, and FJR, why another sport tour? Would you be replacing one? Which and Why? Or just in addition to.

Just being curious.......

I'd like to have it myself. I might even consider it as a replacement for my RSVR.......almost
Cherohala Skyway

#5 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

Replace a bike?!?!  Oh, HELL NO!  Can you drink just one type of Bourbon? No. Can you only read one book? No. Can you only love one woman? No.  And you can't just have one bike.   Variety is the spice of life.   I would buy it. The wife would ride it, then claim it for herself. 

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#6 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:57 PM

I forget that your wife rides too.....
Cherohala Skyway

#7 LiveWellAndFree

LiveWellAndFree

Learners Permit

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300A and YZF600R

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

I so wanted one when I got my first YZF600R, back in 2004, but couldn't find one. Although I can understand Kevin's analogy with bourbon and women, after I got the FJR, Kitty just sat in the garage so I gave it to my son. This would be perfect for Gail.

Be Peace, in your World

#8 LiveWellAndFree

LiveWellAndFree

Learners Permit

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

So I stopped in at CKM and took a look at the bike: Not a go-down scratch on it. I does have a scuff on the left saddle bag that looks like it came from brushing up on something when the rider thought it it was narrower than than it is - the bars are sportbike clip-ons making seem slimmer than the bags in the back. The saddle is original with no sign of wear.Tim started it up and it barked to a smooth rumble on the third crank, and had no problem blipping the throttle when cold. It has just under 12000 miles. CKM has the bike on consignment and the owner wants $3900, plus the 10% consignment fee, puts it out the door at $4290. If I had the funds, it would be mine. Maybe Paco should buy it.

Be Peace, in your World

#9 kyzrex

kyzrex

Moses on Two Wheels "Lead and we shall follow"

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2007 FZ6.

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:29 AM

I bought my FZ1 from them some years back (now sold, but not forgotten). They were pretty easy to deal with, but I did have a small problem getting the title. Took a couple of phone calls to get them to go and have the signature motorized and mail it to me. No big deal at the time.

4250 is a very fair price IMO. Someone will get a great bike here.

"Not all that wander are lost"

#10 PhilH

PhilH

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:46 AM

My experience with CKM is not very encouraging.  The few times I was there, they were not very enthusiastic about their products, more like I actually bothered them (I did spend money there, but their attitude was as if I was just browsing and not buying).  The last time I was there, one guy was playing with his iphone and he looked irritated when he had to stop playing with his iphone and deal with me.  I don't know if it's just me they don't like to deal with (do I look like a Hajji, by the way???) or I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.  I haven't been there for 2 years, don't look forward to, but I really want to take a look at that Futura.

#11 LiveWellAndFree

LiveWellAndFree

Learners Permit

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:44 PM

So I stopped in at CKM and took a look at the bike: Not a go-down scratch on it. I does have a scuff on the left saddle bag that looks like it came from brushing up on something when the rider thought it it was narrower than than it is - the bars are sportbike clip-ons making seem slimmer than the bags in the back. The saddle is original with no sign of wear.Tim started it up and it barked to a smooth rumble on the third crank, and had no problem blipping the throttle when cold. It has just under 12000 miles. CKM has the bike on consignment and the owner wants $3900, plus the 10% consignment fee, puts it out the door at $4290. If I had the funds, it would be mine. Maybe Paco should buy it.

In the $4290, I forgot to include tax and title, which would put it at about $4600.

Be Peace, in your World

#12 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:16 PM

I know dealers get a premium over private market but I don't think it'd sale for much more than $3500, and the title would show closer to $1500 for sale price...... Just my $.02 opinion
Cherohala Skyway

#13 LiveWellAndFree

LiveWellAndFree

Learners Permit

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

I know dealers get a premium over private market but I don't think it'd sale for much more than $3500, and the title would show closer to $1500 for sale price...... Just my $.02 opinion

$4,290 Sale Price
 $9        Title fee
 $17      Transfer fee
 $21      Yearly car registration fee
 $22      Title lien statement fee (if financed)
 $-         Notary fee: (Varies depending on county)
 $5        Vehicle inspection fee
 $257    Usage tax: 6% of the cost of the vehicle.
 $331    Total Fees
 $4,621 Total Cost

Be Peace, in your World

#14 bugsinmyteeth

bugsinmyteeth

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):1975 Kawasaki 900; 1982 Suzuki GS750E

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

I believe that was me that had asked about the Futura on here in the past.  I took a look at it and it looked well-taken care of.  They said it was from a guy who had a large stable and he was selling some off.  The price was a tad bit high, IMO.  

But the practicality of it is what changed my mind about buying a Futura.  I don't know how available parts are and if you were riding it far from home and it broke down, there may be some delay in getting parts and service.  

I believe that was the wisdom shared with me on this site.  It made sense to me.  

#15 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

Is it still for sale? 

#16 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

Is it still for sale?

Old topic, I don't think so
But there was one like it at C C power sports last week. Just over the river from Louisville in Indiana.
Cherohala Skyway

#17 PhilH

PhilH

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:34 AM

He he he..... necromancy :12:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search Engine Key Words: Motorcycles, Kentucky Riders, Kentucky Motorcycle Forum, Forum, Bikes, Rides, Twisties, Thursday Night Ride, Weekly, Stunt, Stunting, Wheelies, Rides, Kentucky Motorcycle, Ky twisted, Kentucky twisted, gsxr 600, gsxr 750, gsxr 1000, cbr 600rr, cbr 1000rr, R6, R1, ninja 250, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Kentucky Sportbikes, Kentucky Cruisers, Twistie Curve Roads In Kentucky, Kentucky Bike Routes, Kentucky Motorcycle Riders, Lexington KY Riders, Lexington Kentucky Motorcycle Riders