Registration Welcome to KY Twisted, to join our forums please click (Create Account) or the little facebook icon in the upper right hand corner of this site. After you have registered please feel free to post up a introduction and get to know our community.
Hope to see your return and we look forward to riding with you!
Also don't forget to book mark us!
KY Twisted

Photo
- - - - -

June Lunch Ride-in

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kyzrex

kyzrex

Moses on Two Wheels "Lead and we shall follow"

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2007 FZ6.

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:48 AM

The June 2016 lunch meetup will be held at The Wigwam Drive-in, located in Irvine/Ravenna on rt 52.

The date will be Saturday the 11th of June

The time to meet will be 12:30.

The restaurant is located at one of the 3 points that make up the "Hillbilly Triangle" and is surrounded by lots of great roads and places to ride. I plan to do at least a lap of the triangle after lunch, and hopefully more.

For those in the Cincinnati/NKY area.....I will be leaving the Falmouth shell at 10:15 and riding down 27-627-89. If anyone wants to join me, you are welcome to do so. Please let me know.

This event is open to ALL, so plan to attend and bring some friends. Hope to see everyone there!

Patrick

"Not all that wander are lost"

#2 PhilH

PhilH

They call me Phil the Thrill

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Tiana (2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight)

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

Bob Myers of Myers Machine & Welding lives by Rt.52.  Last time he went to the Redneck Triangle he said the roads were in a bad shape.  Take extra precautions in case the roads are not repaired yet.

strat_rookie_by_roguebaron-dapvhtr.jpg

#3 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

And then I was like "brrraappp, brrraapp!"

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Aprilia RSV1000R

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:55 PM

The June 2016 lunch meetup will be held at The Wigwam Drive-in, located in Irvine/Ravenna on rt 52.

The date will be Saturday the 11th of June

The time to meet will be 12:30.

The restaurant is located at one of the 3 points that make up the "Hillbilly Triangle" and is surrounded by lots of great roads and places to ride. I plan to do at least a lap of the triangle after lunch, and hopefully more.

For those in the Cincinnati/NKY area.....I will be leaving the Falmouth shell at 10:15 and riding down 27-627-89. If anyone wants to join me, you are welcome to do so. Please let me know.

This event is open to ALL, so plan to attend and bring some friends. Hope to see everyone there!

Patrick

I'm off that Saturday. Or I get off at 4:30am that morning anyway.
I'll confirm closer to the date but ill tentatively say that I'll meet you in Falmouth.
Cherohala Skyway

#4 Winchester

Winchester

Learners Permit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):98 GSXR600 78 GS750

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:03 PM

What time do you anticipate passing through winchester?

#5 kyzrex

kyzrex

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:57 PM

What time do you anticipate passing through winchester?

11:15-11:30. Google maps says 1 hr 6min from Falmouth to Winchester, so depends on how close to 10:15 we get out of Falmouth and if we hit any traffic coming through Cythiana or Paris.

#6 bbrown

bbrown

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Kawasaki Z800

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:15 PM

Anybody want to meet up and ride over from Lexington?

#7 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:45 PM

I'm leaving from Shelbyville, Ky. Kroger gas station @ 8
Looking at two hours twisty spirited ride to Falmouth.
Gonna follow 22.
Cherohala Skyway

#8 NoGear

NoGear

The Master of Logical Thinking

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300, Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

We'll be riding this Saturday, but that is a bit far for us to go.  We've done it before and didn't get till late.  With a new dog in the house we can't do that or we'll have a major mess to clean up when we get home. 

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#9 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:11 AM

On my way to Falmouth now.
Cherohala Skyway

#10 bbrown

bbrown

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:26 AM

Headed that way for my first lunch but may be a little late.

#11 bbrown

bbrown

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

May be really late. Missed you guys, catch you next time

#12 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

May be really late. Missed you guys, catch you next time

Yeah sorry we missed you

Thanks again Patrick for putting this on.

b44dcb11dc869aee2602f675c53d77f9.jpg

Part way through the "Hillbilly Triangle " I got the feeling it was time to go home. Sorry to bug out like I did, but once we hit an area I recognized I felt it was the right time to go.

8 hours, and 315 miles later I'm home in my comfy chair enjoying cool AC.
Cherohala Skyway

#13 bbrown

bbrown

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

I still got a good ride in today. The mail came with bar risers as I was getting ready to leave. I couldn't leave without putting them on first. Improved the ergonomics. :)

#14 kyzrex

kyzrex

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:23 AM

D......we must have just missed you. We didn't leave the restaurant until just a little past 1:00 according to the clock on the wall.

James.....great to see you. I know you had a pretty good ride back home from where we where, so I totally understand you having to take off from there. We had to turn around there because I had gone the wrong way! I always seem to make that same mistake whenever I head down 89/421 that way. You'd think that after going that way for so long I'd remember the correct turn, but I guess I'm just a slow learner. :). Anyway, we got it turned around and had a really great ride across to Beattyville and back to Irvine on the other two legs of the Triangle. Hope you had a good ride back home. Catch you next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search Engine Key Words: Motorcycles, Kentucky Riders, Kentucky Motorcycle Forum, Forum, Bikes, Rides, Twisties, Thursday Night Ride, Weekly, Stunt, Stunting, Wheelies, Rides, Kentucky Motorcycle, Ky twisted, Kentucky twisted, gsxr 600, gsxr 750, gsxr 1000, cbr 600rr, cbr 1000rr, R6, R1, ninja 250, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Kentucky Sportbikes, Kentucky Cruisers, Twistie Curve Roads In Kentucky, Kentucky Bike Routes, Kentucky Motorcycle Riders, Lexington KY Riders, Lexington Kentucky Motorcycle Riders