Registration Welcome to KY Twisted, to join our forums please click (Create Account) or the little facebook icon in the upper right hand corner of this site. After you have registered please feel free to post up a introduction and get to know our community.
Hope to see your return and we look forward to riding with you!
Also don't forget to book mark us!
KY Twisted

Photo
- - - - -

NCM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Xerith

Xerith

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2014 Triumph Daytona 675R

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

Time to bring this section back from the dead.

So now that KY has its own major track, who is going start doing tack days? I'm going Saturday April 30th with MIdwest Track Days. Figured I would do one day this time to debug the CBR then start doing two day weekends.

Currently going through the bike and doing a few things. Then a dyno tune in March
and it's ready.

-------------------------------------------
2016 Aprilia RSV4 RR

2006 Honda CBR 600RR Track Only

Attached Files

2014 Triumph Daytona 675R

#2 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

And then I was like "brrraappp, brrraapp!"

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Aprilia RSV1000R

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:15 PM

Several of the guys over at louisville sport bikes did this last summer.   NCM is having to work through some local issues due to unhappy neighbors, but everyone loves the place.  its fast.  Its a 1000cc bike track.  I wanted to give it a go with widwest last year, but the funds just didn't allow, and this year is looking worse than last all ready, so no track days this year :(  

Have fun!  It's nice to have a track that doesn't require an overnight stay.

Cherohala Skyway

#3 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

With the exception of the front straight, I can do all of Putnam in 2nd gear.  It's still a super fun track, and I'd love to do it again, but NCM is certainly a faster track.  AND it has elevation changes more like Barber, my favorite so far, but soooooo much closer to home.

Cherohala Skyway

#4 Xerith

Xerith

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

That have a track day experience spots. 3 people per day are allowed to do the first two sessions of novice at no charge. Afterward they have the option of buy the whole day. Might be worth looking into. May 30ths three spots are gone. Sunday has one left open.

I'll be on the CBR 600 until I move to intermediate on it (10+ track days). After that I'll think about taking the Aprilia there. I will have to do some engine work tho or risk blowing it up. There is a mod where you vent the engine from the clutch cover into a catch can to greatly reduce crank case pressure. It's worked very well for af1 members.

Funny you mention Barber. Fausto and I are going to try to do superbike school there at the end of May.

-------------------------------------------
2016 Aprilia RSV4 RR

2006 Honda CBR 600RR Track Only

#5 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:26 PM

You'll love Barber, and I've never heard anything but good about Keith Kode's Superbike school.
Cherohala Skyway

#6 Red

Red

Learners Permit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):CB1000r (Street) CBR1000rr (track)

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:42 PM

ill be at NCM Sunday April 30th with a few guys. If they wouldnt have just repaved Putnam id have said i would never got back. NCM is just that awsome. 

#7 Xerith

Xerith

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:27 AM

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Renting a garage and splitting it with some friends. The RSV4 and CBR600 will both be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search Engine Key Words: Motorcycles, Kentucky Riders, Kentucky Motorcycle Forum, Forum, Bikes, Rides, Twisties, Thursday Night Ride, Weekly, Stunt, Stunting, Wheelies, Rides, Kentucky Motorcycle, Ky twisted, Kentucky twisted, gsxr 600, gsxr 750, gsxr 1000, cbr 600rr, cbr 1000rr, R6, R1, ninja 250, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Kentucky Sportbikes, Kentucky Cruisers, Twistie Curve Roads In Kentucky, Kentucky Bike Routes, Kentucky Motorcycle Riders, Lexington KY Riders, Lexington Kentucky Motorcycle Riders