Registration Welcome to KY Twisted, to join our forums please click (Create Account) or the little facebook icon in the upper right hand corner of this site. After you have registered please feel free to post up a introduction and get to know our community.
Hope to see your return and we look forward to riding with you!
Also don't forget to book mark us!
KY Twisted

Photo

Suzuki cruiser

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 riksir

riksir

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

Suzuki GS750 - 1978' $1,150 OBO

looking for a good used bike...is the above good?

owner said in good condition.....just needs oil change...chain tighten

new rider here...need advice

thanks  everyone?

#2 kyzrex

kyzrex

Moses on Two Wheels "Lead and we shall follow"

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2007 FZ6.

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

Anytime I read an ad on a used bike that is claimed to be in "good condition" or better, and then read how it needs very minor maintinence, I get very cautious. If it's in such good condition, then why doesn't the seller do the minor maintence? It would cost him nothing to adjust the chain.......does it maybe need a new one (and sprockets)?. Doing an oil change isn't very expensive either.....has any other maintence been ignored?

Now if the price was discounted ( it's not) and the ad said something about bike has been sitting and owner just doesn't want to deal with it anymore.....that's a different story. As it is, I think that unless that 1978 bike is either a collectors item ( it isn't ) or is in absolutely perfect running and looking condition, it sure isn't worth what he is asking for it.

"Not all that wander are lost"

#3 NoGear

NoGear

The Master of Logical Thinking

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300, Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:00 PM

As a new rider I would stay away from anything that is more than 10 years old unless  you like spending more time wrenching on your bike than riding it.  One other thing to be wary of is an older bike with extremely low mileage. More than likely you are going to have to tear the engine down and replace every seal in it. 

If you can't afford a better bike right now then you can't afford the repairs necessary to get a lower cost bike roadworthy.  Don't let your impatience get you a bike you are going to regret later. 

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#4 riksir

riksir

Forum Browser

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

Thanks....exactly what i need to hear....i just get so jealous when i see others on bike....and i want to ride so bad....have to restain my self from buying just anything....thank you all for your advice

#5 Deri

Deri

I get knocked down But I get up again

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Suzuki Intruder VS800GL

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:38 AM

Thanks....exactly what i need to hear....i just get so jealous when i see others on bike....and i want to ride so bad....have to restain my self from buying just anything....thank you all for your advice

Oh man, I know that feeling. I can't tell you how many times I almost jumped at a bike that was all wrong for me or just was in bad shape. I'm so grateful for this forum and all the good advice I got or who knows how badly I would have screwed myself. But I know how tough it is seeing all the bikes out and just wanting to ride. Everyone on here is so nice about helping you out, though, because I was constantly like "how about this one? No? Ok this one? No??"   :63:

Never be afraid of going down the wrong road. That's what u-turns are for. ~ Me, all the time.

med_gallery_1361_119_21406.jpg
(Photo by Phil H)

#6 NoGear

NoGear

The Master of Logical Thinking

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300, Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

Mostly, it's because we've all made the same mistakes in the past, so we are trying to help others learn the easy way instead of the hard way. 

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#7 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

And then I was like "brrraappp, brrraapp!"

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Aprilia RSV1000R

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

Mostly, it's because we've all made the same mistakes in the past, so we are trying to help others learn the easy way instead of the hard way.

Oh, I just like helping spend other people's money ;)
Cherohala Skyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search Engine Key Words: Motorcycles, Kentucky Riders, Kentucky Motorcycle Forum, Forum, Bikes, Rides, Twisties, Thursday Night Ride, Weekly, Stunt, Stunting, Wheelies, Rides, Kentucky Motorcycle, Ky twisted, Kentucky twisted, gsxr 600, gsxr 750, gsxr 1000, cbr 600rr, cbr 1000rr, R6, R1, ninja 250, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Kentucky Sportbikes, Kentucky Cruisers, Twistie Curve Roads In Kentucky, Kentucky Bike Routes, Kentucky Motorcycle Riders, Lexington KY Riders, Lexington Kentucky Motorcycle Riders