Registration Welcome to KY Twisted, to join our forums please click (Create Account) or the little facebook icon in the upper right hand corner of this site. After you have registered please feel free to post up a introduction and get to know our community.
Hope to see your return and we look forward to riding with you!
Also don't forget to book mark us!
KY Twisted

Photo

April Lunch Ride-in....REPORT

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kyzrex

kyzrex

Moses on Two Wheels "Lead and we shall follow"

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2007 FZ6.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

We had 20+ riders show up for the April Lunch Ride-In, this past Sunday the 12th.  Beautiful weather, tasty BBQ, and a great group of people mad for a wonderful combination and a great day.  After lunch some of us headed down to Rabbit Hash on the river and took in some of the local "flavor".....along with about 150 people from the loud pipes crowd.  :)   After hanging out there long enough to finish off some Abita rootbeer and talk with a few other people, we all split up and headed our own way home....generally by some of the abundantly available twisty roads in the area.  I've posted some pictures over on our Facebook page for KyTwisted.  Thanks to all that came for making it a great kick-off to the 2015 season. 

Next month we will head to Midway, Kentucky on the 9th of May.  The lunch spot of choice will be Darlin' Jean's Apple Cobbler CafĂ©! Details will be posted.  Plan on being there!

Patrick

"Not all that wander are lost"

#2 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

And then I was like "brrraappp, brrraapp!"

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Aprilia RSV1000R

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

I had other commitments but my old Ga riding buddies, Keith ( suzuki boulevard) and Tom ( MSTA member from GA on the silver ST1300) reported to me on what a good time it was.
One of these days I'll be able to make it myself!
Cherohala Skyway

#3 NoGear

NoGear

The Master of Logical Thinking

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300, Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

I had other commitments but my old Ga riding buddies, Keith ( suzuki boulevard) and Tom ( MSTA member from GA on the silver ST1300) reported to me on what a good time it was.

And if we both make it on Aprilia's we can call it a Rally! 

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#4 kyzrex

kyzrex

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

Know any good places around Shelbyville?

#5 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

And then I was like "brrraappp, brrraapp!"

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Aprilia RSV1000R

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:08 AM

Know any good places around Shelbyville?

Good restaurants are not in abundance around here. Got some Mexican joints that would work, but the food is not good..... Claudia Sanders Dinner House is ok but overpriced, certainly a tourist draw.......

I think Ken-Tex BBQ is the only good choice Good location, good parking, it's primarily a work day lunch hot spot, so weekends are not too busy, and the food is real good.
Cherohala Skyway

#6 kyzrex

kyzrex

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

I saw that place mentioned when I was googling restaurants in the area......mixed reviews, but mostly good. Think I'll check it out. Thanks!

#7 bugsinmyteeth

bugsinmyteeth

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):1975 Kawasaki 900; 1982 Suzuki GS750E

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

Sounds like a great turnout!  You had to be pleased with that.  Unfortunately, on Sunday, the 12th, I had my bike on a trailer headed to NE Ohio to a shop up there where the guy knows Z1s and he's going to do some minor work for me.  He wouldn't give me an estimate of when it would be complete.  Depends on when he can fit me in.  

So I missed my best opportunity to meet up with you folks.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search Engine Key Words: Motorcycles, Kentucky Riders, Kentucky Motorcycle Forum, Forum, Bikes, Rides, Twisties, Thursday Night Ride, Weekly, Stunt, Stunting, Wheelies, Rides, Kentucky Motorcycle, Ky twisted, Kentucky twisted, gsxr 600, gsxr 750, gsxr 1000, cbr 600rr, cbr 1000rr, R6, R1, ninja 250, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Kentucky Sportbikes, Kentucky Cruisers, Twistie Curve Roads In Kentucky, Kentucky Bike Routes, Kentucky Motorcycle Riders, Lexington KY Riders, Lexington Kentucky Motorcycle Riders