Registration Welcome to KY Twisted, to join our forums please click (Create Account) or the little facebook icon in the upper right hand corner of this site. After you have registered please feel free to post up a introduction and get to know our community.
Hope to see your return and we look forward to riding with you!
Also don't forget to book mark us!
KY Twisted

Photo
- - - - -

Helmets Optional in MotoAmerica

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AdamKY

AdamKY

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):S1000RR

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

You'll find the article on the Motorcycle USA website . Update posted tomorrow.

-Walt

“Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death....” – Hunter S. Thompson

#2 PhilH

PhilH

They call me Phil the Thrill

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Tiana (2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight)

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

Somebody will be happy to read this  :154:

Back in my home country helmets are enforced.  Not wearing helmet = ticket, 3rd offense = revoked license.  That doesn't stop people from riding, in fact motorcycles are the primary transportation in my home country, more so than cars.  So IMHO AMA's argument that Americans will abandon motorcycles if helmet is enforced is weak.  A lot of Americans will still buy motorcycles and ride even with helmet law.  Not all American riders are arrogant posseurs who want to do things their way.  And from Harley Davidson standpoint, this is a chance for HD to sell more Chinese-made apparels with Harley Davidson logo :12:  

Just my 2c.

strat_rookie_by_roguebaron-dapvhtr.jpg

#3 NoGear

NoGear

The Master of Logical Thinking

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300, Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

Um, gentlemen, look at the date of the news release.........  

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#4 PhilH

PhilH

They call me Phil the Thrill

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Tiana (2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight)

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

Um, gentlemen, look at the date of the news release.........  

[attachment=458:Helmet-MotoAm.JPG]

April 1, 2015?  Do you think this is an April Fools joke?

strat_rookie_by_roguebaron-dapvhtr.jpg

#5 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

attachicon.gifHelmet-MotoAm.JPG

April 1, 2015?  Do you think this is an April Fools joke?

LOL!!!!   Are you and my wife related, because she's a blonde Asian also!!  

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#6 kyzrex

kyzrex

Moses on Two Wheels "Lead and we shall follow"

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2007 FZ6.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

Anything the AMA would do, wouldn't surprise me. If something to do with motorcycle racing can be screwed up in any way, they will find a way to do it. This may have been an April Fools joke, but IMO it's the AMA that is the real joke.

"Not all that wander are lost"

#7 AdamKY

AdamKY

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

Some say the update promised yesterday  for tomorrow can  not be posted today because it is not tomorrow. All I know is that today is April 2nd which would make yesterday April 1st which is all I intended to post  yesterday  when  I told you to watch for an update tomorrow. April fool!

-Walt

“Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death....” – Hunter S. Thompson

#8 AdamKY

AdamKY

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:06 PM

Anything the AMA would do, wouldn't surprise me. If something to do with motorcycle racing can be screwed up in any way, they will find a way to do it. This may have been an April Fools joke, but IMO it's the AMA that is the real joke.

I support the efforts of the AMA, think they do good work, etc. I do agree with you that the road racing series has been pretty screwed up for the past few years. But I think you should give the AMA a bit of a break and here’s why…

In March 2008 the Ohio based AMA sold the AMA Pro Racing series to Daytona Motorsports Group (DMG) along with the rights to use the AMA logo, etc. The DMG introduced NASCAR style rules to motorcycle road racing seriously degrading the series. Frustrated by the situation, Wayne Rainey and others formed MotoAmerica in 2014 to take over the AMA Pro Racing series from DMG for 2015+. IMHO its DMG that messed up. The tie-in to the AMA (of Ohio) is necessary for sanctioning purposes. The FIM sanctions racing internationally to the AMA which in turn sanctions racing in the U.S.

The full story is pretty tangled but that’s the jest of it.

-Walt

#9 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

Thankfully the AMA isn't in charge of it anymore.

Even before the AMA sold it to DMG they have already killed racing in the United States.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search Engine Key Words: Motorcycles, Kentucky Riders, Kentucky Motorcycle Forum, Forum, Bikes, Rides, Twisties, Thursday Night Ride, Weekly, Stunt, Stunting, Wheelies, Rides, Kentucky Motorcycle, Ky twisted, Kentucky twisted, gsxr 600, gsxr 750, gsxr 1000, cbr 600rr, cbr 1000rr, R6, R1, ninja 250, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Kentucky Sportbikes, Kentucky Cruisers, Twistie Curve Roads In Kentucky, Kentucky Bike Routes, Kentucky Motorcycle Riders, Lexington KY Riders, Lexington Kentucky Motorcycle Riders