Registration Welcome to KY Twisted, to join our forums please click (Create Account) or the little facebook icon in the upper right hand corner of this site. After you have registered please feel free to post up a introduction and get to know our community.
Hope to see your return and we look forward to riding with you!
Also don't forget to book mark us!
KY Twisted

Photo

Truck tries to crash bike

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bugsinmyteeth

bugsinmyteeth

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):1975 Kawasaki 900; 1982 Suzuki GS750E

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:34 PM

You may have seen this video.  I saw it for the first time today.  It happened on KY 22 in Bracken County near the intersection with KY 10.  See my other thread in this forum.  

Here's what I wrote in another forum...

================

This is the first time I saw that video. That happened not far from my neck of the woods. As I watched the vid I recognized the road as KY 10. Later when the vehicles were all stopped and the one guy called the sheriff he gave their location as 22 & 10. I have been on that road and at that location several times. Ky 10 is a well-known bike road in NKY. KY 22 is also a really fun road with lots of twisties. In fact, i made that same run and was on 22 heading towards Falmouth when a young kid in a japanese car that had been souped up came up behind me. He rode on my tail so I sped up. So did he. It was actuallly the first time I was on that stretch of 22 and I was not familiar with it. I was thinking about speeding up to outpace the car but it was late November and cold, my tires were nearing the end of their tread and I had not ridden that bike all that much. 

My wisdom overcame my ego and I refused to push it. When we reached a straight away, and there was only one, I slowed a little and went to the right of the lane. He accelerated and went by me. I guess he impressed his passengers. I followed at a distance the rest of the way into Falmouth. 

All of that to say, ride at your own pace--always!

===============

Truck tries to run the bike off the rode at about the 1:00 mark.  The rest of the video shows the nut trying to keep the other bike from passing him too.  

Here's the link to the video.  Pretty scary.  KY 10 and KY 22 are dangerous and some probably do ride recklessly and tick off the locals, but the dude in the truck has no justification whatsoever.  He just freaked out.  Thank God the guy trailing the incident had on his video camera.   

https://www.youtube....h?v=CbTZkZTYkaM

#2 Blackbird66

Blackbird66

And then I was like "brrraappp, brrraapp!"

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Aprilia RSV1000R

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:45 AM

I just don't understand people like this.
If you cross the double yellow on a 4-500lb bike and hit a car, you don't pose a serious threat to that car. This 6000+lb truck = fatal

I realize that some of the locals who live on these highways may dislike all the motorcycle traffic, especially the faster guys and gals. I just don't understand how that level of hate grows to the point of wishing physical harm, or even death toward someone who has done nothing to hurt you, or your pocketbook

It would seem that the rider has a legitimate legal claim to press charges of attempted man slaughter against the red neck in the truck.

All that said, during the last group ride I led, we had a farmer pulling a very slow trailer loaded with hay pull the same thing on us.....
Cherohala Skyway

#3 kyzrex

kyzrex

Moses on Two Wheels "Lead and we shall follow"

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2007 FZ6.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

This pops up every few years, since this incident occurred about 5-6 years ago. Happened very close to where I live and I followed it very closely.

Some results......

Riders were never cited for anything.

DRIVER....received a conviction on wonton endangerment and reckless driving. Resulting a sentence of one year in jail on the wonton endangerment and a 100.00 fine for the reckless driving. Also had driving rights revoked. The endangering charge is a felony, so that will follow him the rest of his life.

About a week after this broke in the local news, a Braken County sheriff set up radar on route 22 one Saturday morning. He pulled NO ONE over for SPEEDING, but did cite two riders for passing over the double yellow. He was quoted in the Bracken Co news and the Falmouth Dispatch the next week explaining that the riders in the area may APPEAR to be going recklessly and at excessive speed to May observors, but that just because they were leaning over in the curves, that doesn't mean they are speeding....."it's just the way that bikes make turns".......so everyone needs to relax and not take the law into their own hands.

There has been NO increase in police presence on these roads since then, and there has not been another reported instance of a situation like this one. Although, I must admit to having a similar situation like this happen to me a few years ago, just to the north of this area.

"Not all that wander are lost"

#4 NoGear

NoGear

The Master of Logical Thinking

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300, Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

It actually happened only 3 years ago in 2011.  Jricks, who posted the video, is a member of the Assfault Junkies, and of Louisville Sportbikes though I think he lives closer to Maysville, if I remember correctly.  

Here is the end of the story: 

BROOKSVILLE | The truck driver caught on camera swerving at a passing motorcycle on May 22, on a rural Bracken County road, was sentenced to prison on Thursday.
Gary L. Hudson, 23, of Pendleton County, entered a guilty plea on Nov. 18, in Bracken Circuit Court to an offer from the Commonwealth's Attorney Office.
He was sentenced Thursday to two years in jail on each of two wanton endangerment counts, 90 days in jail for menacing and a $100 fine for reckless driving. The sentences run concurrent for a total of two years, court officials said.
In the incident, caught on a camera mounted on one of two motorcycles, Hudson is seen driving a truck which enters Kentucky 22 ahead of the motorcyclists and drives in the same direction. As the lead cycle attempts to pass Hudson on the left, Hudson appeared to purposefully steer into the lane and nearly forced the motorcycle off the road. The motorcycle with the camera continued to follow until all three vehicles stopped at an intersection and a verbal altercation with threats ensued.
Hudson is in Mason County Detention Center awaiting transfer to a state prison facility.

Read more: http://www.maysville...l#ixzz1gx4AFf9m

• boo likes this
DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#5 NoGear

NoGear

The Master of Logical Thinking

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300, Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

Oh, and he only served less than two months before he was released on probation.....    So much for having to serve the sentence

http://kool.correcti.../Details/319092

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#6 bugsinmyteeth

bugsinmyteeth

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):1975 Kawasaki 900; 1982 Suzuki GS750E

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

I think his sentence was waaaay too light.  Had he achieved what he obviously intended, that rider could have been seriously injured and maybe killed.  He should have served more time.  He was completely out of control and some how thought he was justified in his action based on what he perceived as the general hooliganism of all motorcyclists on that road.  

And what gets me even further  :77:  are some of the asinine comments below that video on youtube.  Some of the commentators try to say the motorcyclist was at fault for passing on double yellow.  Obviously, that is a traffic violation but it is no where near the moral equivalent of trying to kill someone with your vehicle.  In addition, Hudson appears to be wanting to punish the two motorcyclists at hand for the alleged wrong-doing of others he previously encountered.  It seemed to gradually sink in with him that he had screwed up when the cyclist told him he had it all on film.  His tone changed and he looked to be focusing less on the motorcyclists and more on what was going to happen when law enforcement arrived as he made his own phone call.  

And kudos to the Bracken County sheriff for what he did and said in the aftermath to correct the general public's faulty perception of motorcycles.   :12:   

#7 kyzrex

kyzrex

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

with time already served awaiting trial, I think he actually served close to one year total, but yeah, he didn't serve the complete sentence......does anyone ever actually serve their complete sentence?  Average time is 60% of sentence, according to link posted.

dude could have easily have killed someone coming from the opposite direction....check the video, there were a couple of close calls.

BUT....the FELONY charge follows him forever, and that can be a major problem when it comes to employment, etc.

#8 boo

boo

Adrenaline Junkie

• Administrators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2010 CBR 1000RR

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

I remeber when that first happened. Crazy his sentance was only a few months :144:

Posted Image
Kentucky Motorcycle Riders - KY Twisted

The first rule of KY Twisted is: You do not talk about KY Twisted...LOL!!

#9 GIJaneDoe

GIJaneDoe

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

I just saw this. Unbelievable. I'm so glad the second rider was able to get it on video. That was a very close call on the third bike coming from the opposite direction. One of my friends suggested going to that area and then taking the ferry and it's on my "must ride" list for the Summer.

#10 kyzrex

kyzrex

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

FYI.......route 22 is in pretty bad shape, pavement wise. This past few winters have not been kind to it at all. Lots of rough pavement now.
  • boo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search Engine Key Words: Motorcycles, Kentucky Riders, Kentucky Motorcycle Forum, Forum, Bikes, Rides, Twisties, Thursday Night Ride, Weekly, Stunt, Stunting, Wheelies, Rides, Kentucky Motorcycle, Ky twisted, Kentucky twisted, gsxr 600, gsxr 750, gsxr 1000, cbr 600rr, cbr 1000rr, R6, R1, ninja 250, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Kentucky Sportbikes, Kentucky Cruisers, Twistie Curve Roads In Kentucky, Kentucky Bike Routes, Kentucky Motorcycle Riders, Lexington KY Riders, Lexington Kentucky Motorcycle Riders