Registration Welcome to KY Twisted, to join our forums please click (Create Account) or the little facebook icon in the upper right hand corner of this site. After you have registered please feel free to post up a introduction and get to know our community.
Hope to see your return and we look forward to riding with you!
Also don't forget to book mark us!
KY Twisted

Photo
- - - - -

Mini review of Nebraska

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

I've been MIA

• Moderators
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

After living in Nebraska for about 2 years, I figured I would do a little write up.

I will try just to hit the bullet points, because it would be a very long read if I didn't.

I'll start with the bad:

The roads are horrible and there are very few twisties.

Taxes are higher; in Omaha property taxes are about 2.5%, income taxes are slightly higher at 6.84%, state sales tax is only 5%, but most cities have a sales tax of about 2%, Omaha has a restaurant tax of about 2%, Omaha has a $50 year wheel tax per vehicle.

Not alot of trees and land has a higher cost per acre.

Snow removal is too good and never get to have a "Snow Day"

More chance of a tornado

More thunderstorms and stronger winds

The good:

Most people are very friendly.

Cost of living is slightly lower than Lexington.

Wages are slightly higher than Lexington.

Kawaski and Hornady are both located in Nebraska and offer factory tours.

Very close proximity to Mid America Motorplex, which has track days on almost every Monday and about 10 Fridays.

There is a airboat club that offers rides.

There are alot of state parks near by

Close Proximity to River Valley OHV Park

It snows enough to have a snow mobile, but the roads are always decent to drive on.

Most tech companies offer better then average starting benefits. Average of 22 days of vacation, 4% 401k match, free hsa money.

Hunting is pretty good

Proximity to other states for more hunting opportunities

Multiple gun ranges, indoor and outdoor

Stable and growing job market

The schools are better

MV Augusta, Aprilia, Ducati, and BWM motorcycle dealers close by, and all have excellent customer service.

The Ducati dealer owns TrackAddix and offers a $2,500 all track days pack ( which I believe is 20-30 track events) and if you buy a track prep bike you get a discount on the track days.

Overall I like it here and with all the vacation time I can easily start making summer trips to KY and for a few weeks during christmas. The drive really isn't that bad.

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle ~Author Unknown

#2 NoGear

NoGear

The Master of Logical Thinking

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300, Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

I still wouldn't want to live there, I'm allergic to corn and cornhuskers! 

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#3 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

I've been MIA

• Moderators
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

I still wouldn't want to live there, I'm allergic to corn and cornhuskers! 

It is really not that bad, think of it as Kentucky, just flatter and more snow. Cornhuskers are as bad as UK fans, and it is only bad if you go to Lincoln for a game. I'm not going to lie if I could find a job in KY with the same benefits I have now with the job stability and growth, I would move back in a heartbeat.

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle ~Author Unknown

#4 JukeBoxHero

JukeBoxHero

Frequent Rider

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):'08 Honda Shadow Spirit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

I can't believe you've been there 2 years already.

'08 Honda Shadow Spirit (current bike)

'06 Ninja 650r

'03 Ninja 250

#5 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

I've been MIA

• Moderators
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

I can't believe you've been there 2 years already.

I know, time flies. Once I get a bike again I am going to start coming down to KY for about 2 weeks during the summer. I have been trying to convince the CEO of the company I work to buy a few companies in TN and let me work there as a UX person. It could happen, I know NBS just bought a Texas company and has offered any current employee the opportunity to relocate and work in Texas and vise versa.

#6 boo

boo

Adrenaline Junkie

• Administrators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2010 CBR 1000RR

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

Glad you like it ! Like Jukebox said its hard to believe its been 2 years ! :41:

Posted Image
Kentucky Motorcycle Riders - KY Twisted

The first rule of KY Twisted is: You do not talk about KY Twisted...LOL!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search Engine Key Words: Motorcycles, Kentucky Riders, Kentucky Motorcycle Forum, Forum, Bikes, Rides, Twisties, Thursday Night Ride, Weekly, Stunt, Stunting, Wheelies, Rides, Kentucky Motorcycle, Ky twisted, Kentucky twisted, gsxr 600, gsxr 750, gsxr 1000, cbr 600rr, cbr 1000rr, R6, R1, ninja 250, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Kentucky Sportbikes, Kentucky Cruisers, Twistie Curve Roads In Kentucky, Kentucky Bike Routes, Kentucky Motorcycle Riders, Lexington KY Riders, Lexington Kentucky Motorcycle Riders