Registration Welcome to KY Twisted, to join our forums please click (Create Account) or the little facebook icon in the upper right hand corner of this site. After you have registered please feel free to post up a introduction and get to know our community.
Hope to see your return and we look forward to riding with you!
Also don't forget to book mark us!
KY Twisted

Photo
- - - - -

Today's bit of Craiglist Gold

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#1 NoGear

NoGear

The Master of Logical Thinking

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):FJR1300, Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:50 AM

Here's another Hardly Abelson 1990 883. He's firm on $3500. The bike cost $4250 when brand new in 1990. So the way he has it figured the bike has GAINED value because of inflation and lost really nothing due to usage. OH WAIT! I forgot "what usage?" It only has 16,600 mile on it so that means he only rode it 830 miles per year.........

http://cincinnati.cr...2815487311.html

Who's looking for a FJR??? Best find of the night! Great bike at a good price! I wish I was home. http://louisville.cr...2797219468.html

DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#2 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:07 AM

This guy takes a '03 gsxr (don't know cc's because his add doesn't say) chromes it out so it look's like ........... (insert your own adjectives) add nitrious so the engine won't last, swaps the rear end for one off a Hyabusa, and lowers it and thinks it's worth $3,000 . http://louisville.cr...2825403514.html
DISCLAMIER: Nothing in this document constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. NoGear disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of NoGear; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the technologies discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to NoGear. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

#3 boo

boo

Adrenaline Junkie

• Administrators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2010 CBR 1000RR

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

But its a Harley D :64:
Posted Image
Kentucky Motorcycle Riders - KY Twisted

The first rule of KY Twisted is: You do not talk about KY Twisted...LOL!!

#4 El-Bandito

El-Bandito

Master of Insanity

• Administrators
  • 1,890 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Suzuki Bandit...... Duh!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

My bike is probably worth more parted out than whole.

Some dumbass wannabe will pay $3k for gixxer.

The HD is now "antique" so the value goes up. :154: He should hang on to it for another 20 years. By then it will be worth what he's asking.

Nogear......... Check Craig's List for Taliban, Al-Queda members with bikes. Go for a test ride, return, shoot the MF between the eyes!, then steal the bike. Ship the bikes home. We sell them to stupid people (read HD and gixxer owners in your OP). I see win-win for everyone. The world gets rid of douchebag terrorists. We get rich. Stupid people get shitty bikes they can bling out and crash because they don't know how to ride.

Be safe!
EGO is not your AMIGO!

#5 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

001 SUZUKI 750 KATANA, SECOND OWNER, LOW MILES @ 7330 MILES, STORED FOR 6 YEARS, DAILY COMMUTER LAST 2 YEARS, COMPLETLY FACTORY STOCK, MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE, ASKING $3250 LOCATED IN FLORENCE, KY. CALL 859-802-8821 PLEASE NO E-MAILS OR TEXT THANKS . MUST SELL DUE TO BACK INJURY AT WORK. http://cincinnati.cr...2827191435.html

First NADA is between $1,700 and $2,300 so it is over priced. BUT my main issue is STORED FOR 6 YEEARS, DAILEY COMMUTER LAST 2 YEARS. Was it ridden or stored? If it was stored then ridden was it stored properly? If a bike isn't you can get condensation inside the engine and then it rusts. That can lead to big problems down the road. For this money you could get a better bike.....

#6 ChAoS

ChAoS

Chaotic Pimpage

• Administrators
  • 2,490 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):04 Triumph Daytona 600

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

Can you believe this guy. No one wants to buy and ugly blue and black GSXR. http://lexington.cra...2826343761.html What a goof. LOL! :45:
"Life's Chaotic. Live it! ~ Me"

ChAoS

04' Daytona 600

#7 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Can you believe this guy. No one wants to buy and ugly blue and black GSXR. http://lexington.cra...2826343761.html What a goof. LOL! :45:

who's bike is this????

30,000 miles on a GXSR!!!!!! One actually made it that far with out wrecking? I can't believe it especially since he obviously doesn't take care of it, after all he parked it in the middle of the street in the oncoming lane. That show a blatant disregard for the bike..... LOL

#8 ChAoS

ChAoS

Chaotic Pimpage

• Administrators
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

who's bike is this????

30,000 miles on a GXSR!!!!!! One actually made it that far with out wrecking? I can't believe it especially since he obviously doesn't take care of it, after all he parked it in the middle of the street in the oncoming lane. That show a blatant disregard for the bike..... LOL

It's Boo's bike. Just giving him a hard time, cause he is trying to sell it. I think that picture was from the time another rider went down and he was blocking traffic.

ChAoS

04' Daytona 600

#9 Dumas

Dumas

Shout-Box King

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2009 Yamaha FZ6

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

it books for $4,600 $6,050 just a little on the high end.. :45:

#10 ChAoS

ChAoS

Chaotic Pimpage

• Administrators
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

it books for $4,600 $6,050 just a little on the high end.. :45:

Yea, but it is owned by the one and only Boo "the original thread jacker"!!!!
  • boo likes this

ChAoS

04' Daytona 600

#11 Dumas

Dumas

Shout-Box King

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2009 Yamaha FZ6

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

yeah thats worth something i guess....

#12 El-Bandito

El-Bandito

Master of Insanity

• Administrators
  • 1,890 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):Suzuki Bandit...... Duh!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Boo gonna get a 250? Something he can handle. :45:

Someday Boo will be famous. :64: For what? I don't know. But the bike will be worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
EGO is not your AMIGO!

#13 kywonder

kywonder

Pony Boy ;';';

• Members
  • 698 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):202 SHADOW 1100

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

you sure boo can handle a 250..i was thinking he should go to a fifty.... :45: :154:

#14 JukeBoxHero

JukeBoxHero

Frequent Rider

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):'08 Honda Shadow Spirit

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

Boo left out the most awesome thing about that bike...it's got a wheelie button.
  • boo likes this

'08 Honda Shadow Spirit (current bike)

'06 Ninja 650r

'03 Ninja 250

#15 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

This is how a Craigslist add should look!!! Ok, he left out the pics but all in all he did his research and priced the bike correctly!!!!

http://cincinnati.cr...2828770844.html

Adult owned never abused or raced. I bought this bike new from Honda of Fairfield and have the title in hand. Looks brand new all original never been rebuilt maybe 10 hours on it at the most. More into quads so I don't ride it. Here are NADA values so don't low ball me please. Low retail $1430.00 High retail $1880.00. Click the link and it will take you to he NADA site for all the specs on this bike. Email me if your interested in pictures and I can text them or email them out.

#16 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Here's another one:
2011 limited edition ninja 500 miles!!! - $4000 (Mount orab)

I have a limited edition green ninja 250 with green rims it's not about ass it's about class ok lol the bike is beautiful I've roped it out at 110 but who needs to go that fast, it comes with a 400 dollar ss racing jacket and a 200 dollar mat black helmet it also comes with maintenance plan so it covers anything from a oil change to a blown engine I'm buyin a new camaro and don't need this bike when I don't Ben ride I'll send pics or even videos if you want. Here's a link to my Facebook picture of it http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=200451669973951&id=100000273572967&set=a.148534398499012.24025.100000273572967&__user=619969555 call or text lauren at

As that hot babe Jessica Alba used to say "here's the dealio": The only thing that makes this bike "Special" is that it was offered in a different paint scheme. Instead of "ebony" you could get "ebony SE" or "lime green SE". Bike's MSRP last year was $3,999 and you can still buy them for that.

#17 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

05 ducati monster - $3500 (georgetown)

Date: 2012-02-04, 2:58PM EST
Reply to: crm45-2834748457@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

O5 620cc ducati monster. 3700 mi New battery and oil changed last season. Good tires always garage kept. It has a rebuilt title however when i bought it it only needed a tank and replaced some parts with scratches on them. I do have a front fender just didnt have it on in pics I also have a set of black wheels that I will let go w it. Been riding in 4 yrs in good condition and well maintained. Will trade for a chevy 4x4 or full size blazer. 3500 OBO Call or text 937-684-1499

#18 Outlaws Justice

Outlaws Justice

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):12 current daily drivers, just ask!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Book Value does really not mean anything for bikes, especially when it comes to bikes with a cult following.

I bought my 1990 Honda Hawk GT on Craigs list last year, Walked away with it for $1,000 was offered $2,200 the next day.
I have a Honda Nighthawk-S that I eneded up getting for $500 (Yes it needed some work) but I sold my red one for $2,400 a few months later.
I got a 1997 BMW F650 for $1,000 What a steel! well worth $3,000
Paid $400 for my 2005 SV650S, IT WAS ROUGH but only 2,500 miles and now it is NICE
Someone handed me a 2001 Kawasaki ex250 ninja with 2,100 miles for $300 18 months ago. I put on new tires and cleaned the carbs, my niece ran it last year and I just sold it for $1,600.
Got a 1989 Honda VTR250 Interceptor for $800 last fall.
Riding is a way of life!
MSF Rider Coach
Total Control ARC Instructor
www.totalcontroltraining.net

#19 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

Of course they do. It give you a reference point to start at. You are correct though. You find people that will pay a lot and then you find others that are practically giving it away.

#20 ZAR

ZAR

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):1996 Suzuki LS650 Savage 1980 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Agreed ! 20 years ago I could buy Triumph 650s all day long for less than $1000 ready to ride. Now you can't touch a basket case for that. The Yamaha XS650 lists in KBB for $1250 retail in exellent condition but they are selling $2000-$3000 around Louisville and Cincy. On the flip side,I picked up my Kawasaki KZ440 LTD for $650 completely road worthy ready to roll.

Book Value does really not mean anything for bikes, especially when it comes to bikes with a cult following.

I bought my 1990 Honda Hawk GT on Craigs list last year, Walked away with it for $1,000 was offered $2,200 the next day.
I have a Honda Nighthawk-S that I eneded up getting for $500 (Yes it needed some work) but I sold my red one for $2,400 a few months later.
I got a 1997 BMW F650 for $1,000 What a steel! well worth $3,000
Paid $400 for my 2005 SV650S, IT WAS ROUGH but only 2,500 miles and now it is NICE
Someone handed me a 2001 Kawasaki ex250 ninja with 2,100 miles for $300 18 months ago. I put on new tires and cleaned the carbs, my niece ran it last year and I just sold it for $1,600.
Got a 1989 Honda VTR250 Interceptor for $800 last fall.

Remember when SEX was safe and Motorcycling was dangerous?

Old skools still kool!

We are the people our mothers warned us about!

#21 boo

boo

Adrenaline Junkie

• Administrators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Motorcycle(s):2010 CBR 1000RR

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Yea, but it is owned by the one and only Boo "the original thread jacker"!!!!

this makes it at least $1000 extra just on that note :lol:
Posted Image
Kentucky Motorcycle Riders - KY Twisted

The first rule of KY Twisted is: You do not talk about KY Twisted...LOL!!

#22 Outlaws Justice

Outlaws Justice

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Found a decent 1988 Honda Hawk-GT today, trying to close a deal on it for a co-worker!
Riding is a way of life!
MSF Rider Coach

#23 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Good deal!!
brand new 2008 suzuki gsx650f - $4200 (lebanon)

Date: 2012-02-17, 11:02AM CST
Reply to: hgmdm-2856232274@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have for sale a brand new suzuki 2008 gsx650f. This unit is brand new. I have a clear title as well as all owner manuals. Please email me with any questions, I will promptly reply to them. Thanks! I purchased this bike at a power sport auction and have decided to sale. The bike has 4 miles on it.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posted Image

#24 NoGear

NoGear

• Moderators
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Somebody buy this!!! It's torturing me to see this!!

2001 Harley Davidson Buell - $1500 (cincinnati)

Date: 2012-02-23, 4:17PM EST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

2001 Harley Davidson Buell, only 4k miles, fuel injected, runs great. 513-470-957one. The price is FIRM. Can't respond to text massages.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posted Image Posted Image

#25 Outlaws Justice

Outlaws Justice

Official Forum Junkie

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

I thought the Buell Blast was carburated? At least the one we have is.
Riding is a way of life!
MSF Rider Coach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search Engine Key Words: Motorcycles, Kentucky Riders, Kentucky Motorcycle Forum, Forum, Bikes, Rides, Twisties, Thursday Night Ride, Weekly, Stunt, Stunting, Wheelies, Rides, Kentucky Motorcycle, Ky twisted, Kentucky twisted, gsxr 600, gsxr 750, gsxr 1000, cbr 600rr, cbr 1000rr, R6, R1, ninja 250, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Kentucky Sportbikes, Kentucky Cruisers, Twistie Curve Roads In Kentucky, Kentucky Bike Routes, Kentucky Motorcycle Riders, Lexington KY Riders, Lexington Kentucky Motorcycle Riders